Welcome

I am proud of my family. I love Jesus. I am not perfect. I like junk food, particularly potato chips. I work out with my sexy rock star husband. I hate it. I do it for the company. My children make my heart beat. I was once a full time photographer. I retired to loose my sanity by becoming a stay-at-home Mom. I recently came out of retirement to avoid the looney-bin. Please enjoy the funny stories of my family, the hilarity of me trying to work out & find my skinny and the every-now-and-then crafts that I begin but rarely finish.
God Save The Queen.....

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Insanity - Days 22, 23 & 24

Chris & I have both hit a wall.

I don't like speaking for him but he said it this morning in our work out.

I feel better knowing I wasn't the only one.

Bad for him, Good for me. At least we're in it together, right Babe?

Again, I'm condensing the past few days because it's been a tough week.

We've got another sick kid. I think Izzy has that same virus that Sophie had last week.

Perfectly fine during the day. Active toddler, playing, eating, sleeping great.

High fever through the nigh. {....SIGH}

Just like Sophie last week.

Twins are great - except when they're not sick at the same time.

Sequential sickness is H.E.L.L.

Right now they're watching The Sound of Music.

Hopefully it'll entertain them for a bit while I have a minute to myself.

Here's the past few days. Uneventful, but here they are:

Day #22: Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs
**********We didn't get up this morning b/c we were both up with Izzy most of the night. 103 degrees freaks me out. I think I stared at her all night. Just making sure that tiny chest moves up and down is more of a comfort than a complete night of rest. Anyhoo, I did my work out while the girls were napping & Chris did his after supper & bedtime.

Day #23: Cardio Power & Resistance
**********Again, I worked out during nap time & Chris worked out after supper. **My shins & calves have been really giving me trouble. I make it through the warm up & the stretch. By the time the whole work out is over, I'm in some major pain. I'm not sure what to do. I think I'll do some research online. I'm not quitting, though. DIG DEEP!!

Day #24: Plyometric Cardio Circuit
*********WE DID IT!! We woke up together & worked out at 5:30 this morning!! This work out was tough, tough, for me - my shins were hurting so much! Once the warm up & stretch are over, there's a bunch of jump/plyometric training sets, squat jacks, ski jumps, tree climbers, etc.... I was so ready to quit. READY.TO.QUIT. Thank goodness for my work out Buddy! He had such encouraging words. I pushed through but when it was over I fell on the floor like a sobbing two year old. Poor Chris. He just stood there like, seriously? I had my cry, stood up & drank my coffee. It made me feel better but I'm still hobbling around like I just had 2 knee replacements.

{{Two things that are random in the blog post today: "plyometric" and "cardio" are highlighted in spellcheck. Weird.}}


No comments: