Welcome

I am proud of my family. I love Jesus. I am not perfect. I like junk food, particularly potato chips. I work out with my sexy rock star husband. I hate it. I do it for the company. My children make my heart beat. I was once a full time photographer. I retired to loose my sanity by becoming a stay-at-home Mom. I recently came out of retirement to avoid the looney-bin. Please enjoy the funny stories of my family, the hilarity of me trying to work out & find my skinny and the every-now-and-then crafts that I begin but rarely finish.
God Save The Queen.....

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

New Obsession

I got an early birthday gift last month.

My Mother-In-Law gave me her practically brand new sewing/embroidery machine as an early birthday gift.

I've known how to sew forever, I guess. My Mom taught me years ago when I was really young. I realized it's like riding a bike, really. You don't forget. Just pick back up where you leave off. However, you gotta practice at straight stitching. Mine started out looking like rows that a kindergartner plowed but with each new project, they're straightening up.

Once I had the girls, my good college friend, Molly gave me a set of specially made burp cloths. They weren't matching but coordinating. One had pink chenille rick rack down the two middle lines while the other one complimented it with soft pink toille. I took them everywhere when the girls were dressed nice.
When I got my early birthday gift, my wheels started turning on what I could create as gifts. Then I got some ideas that started me working.

These are the 1st two sets. **Good Lord, this was such fun!** What I coulda done a year ago when the girls were itty bitty! I'd go broke at Hancock Fabrics!

3 comments:

Booksh Bunch said...

Super Cute!! Love them!!!

Booksh Bunch said...

Oh and I am hoping that the boy ones are for Parker!lol!

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SO TALENTED!! LOVE THEM!! THE PINK AND GREEN ARE ADORABLE...CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM IN PERSON!!!

ann